Friday, December 7, 2012

Discourse

I believe Appalachia is starting to be viewed differently in modern times, than it was in the past.  People of Appalachia are starting to get more involved in their surroundings.  Many Appalachians have started groups to stop the mining of coal.  Many Appalachians believe the coal mining is causing a huge amount problems, be it health related or environment related.  People of Appalachia are becoming more educated and it's starting to show.  The amount of writing and research coming out of Appalachia in the past few decades have been a tremendous improvement to the past.

I believe that the future of Appalachia is looking brighter.  People are becoming more accepting of others views.  Globalization is a big reason for this acceptance of others cultures.  I'm excited to see what Appalachia brings to the table in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the future of Appalchia is starting to look brighter and moving forward. I can only hope that it is because if it doesn't its going to turn pretty ugly. I think it's important to respect their lifestyles and their culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what my paper is about, so I totally agree. So many people still don't understand the lifestyle in Appalachia. It's not important to them, but appalachian people will continue to use their voice and express themselves. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete