Monday, September 10, 2012

My Little Hike.

The other weekend I took a little hike over across highway 32, to a little hill that is mischievously named"Bong Hill".  The trip up the hill is a little tedious and can be tiring, but it isn't to terribly hard.  The path leads up a little dry creak bed riddled with loose rocks and underbrush everywhere, but it all pays off in the end.  Sitting on top of the hill looking out over Athens, Ohio is one of the best feelings in the world for me.  It reminds me of how nature and people can live together in a small little community and still look beautiful.  The rolling hills around OU's campus is a wondrous site, and can only be described as a true appalachian landscape.
The best part about sitting on top of the hill is watching the sunset though. It is something that can only be captured in painting, or in memory.  I love the surrounding area of Athens. It's just seems like a wild and untamed land filled with the adventure that Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer got into.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your entry. I felt as if I was on that "little hike" with you, due to the descriptive and informative style. Your admiration of Athens is great! It would be awesome to get an image of the view, because I really liked what you said about it.

    "It reminds me of how nature and people can live together in a small little community and still look beautiful." - Tyler Freeman

    You picked a cool and unique place to represent Athens. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to "Bong Hill" but from reading your post I can get a very good sense of the feeling that it creates while you are there. It helped me create a picture in my mind of what it looks like. I would have loved to see a picture from when you went but other than that I thought it was descriptive and made me want to keep reading to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who has never looked at a hill and said "id like to walk up that," you gave me a great reason to actually say "I'd like to walk up that." I have never really seen ohio university from the view that you described. I can imagine sitting there is very peaceful and a great break from everything. I have never had the paitence to sit and watch a sunset, and never been awake to watch a sunrise. But im sure from bong hill it is a cool view.
    "The best part about sitting on top of the hill is watching the sunset though. It is something that can only be captured in painting, or in memory." - Tyler Freeman
    DOPE QUOTE.

    ReplyDelete