Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Courtside Pizza and Sports Bar

       Courtside is one place in Athens that I tend to visit more than others. I currently live in the apartments above Courtside, which makes it one of the first places I visit on nights out, on weekend afternoons to watch football, or even during the week to grab a bite to eat and play some casual pool. Every Wednesday Courtside hosts one of my favorite weekly events in Athens, "Slice Night," where you can get 50 cent slices of pizza and 5 dollar pitchers. I have chosen to tell of my experiences this past Saturday when I met some friends there in the afternoon to watch football, eat some pizza, and of course drink some beer. One of the first things that came to mind when I walked into Courtside was the sports centered environment. Everywhere you look there are flat panel televisions and Ohio Bobcats decorations. You can tell instantly that it is set up to be a restaurant and bar. There are tables off to one one side of the entire building for eating and gathering as well as an upper and lower bar.

       As I looked around, I began to notice many people dressed in their college football attire. Everyone there was enjoying themselves with their friends drinking beer and watching football. There was no shortage of loud noise including the music, laughter and shouting. Courtside represents Athens very well in that it is your classic "college town" drinking establishment. It is where students and the community outside of the university love to go to relax, and get away from the stresses of school and daily life. Courtside provides food and alcohol, along with great times and great fun.



   

2 comments:

  1. This blog does a great job of showcasing how courtside can appeal to many different people. The crowd at courtside varies depending on the time of week you are there. Courtside allows you to stop in for a bite to eat on a Thursday afternoon with their wide food selection. Also, you can stop in on a Friday night to share some drinks with friends and start your weekend off the right way. I also like how courtside has an outside area where you can sit and relax during a nice fall night. The writer does a great job in describing the atmosphere and crowd that you can feel and see while spending a few hours at this establishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you picked courtside pizza! I also frequent this establishment pretty often, seeing as it is only a short walk from my current residence. I also liked the fact that you mentioned slice night. What could be better on a wednesday night then four slices of cheese pizza for only two dollars? Not to mention the five dollar pitchers! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete