Monday, September 10, 2012

Casa Nueva

Casa Logo


This weekend I went to Casa for dinner with some friends. I always end up having a very interesting experience at Casa. My roommates love to go there not only for their food but also for their night scene. I will say that it's not exactly my "scene" but I don't mind going occasionally. The atmosphere at Casa is very different from most restaurants you'd see in a big city. The first thing I think of when I think of Casa is 'hippies'. You have the waiters with the hair down to the floor, the ones that don't shave their arm/legs, the one's with dreads and so on. I have absolutely nothing against 'hippies', their lifestyle is just different then mine. Casa attracts a wide variety of people, the college hippies, townies, families and college students looking for an affordable place to eat. You can have two very different experiences there, you can have the laid back, there for dinner and good conversation experience, or you could have the loud, at the bar, bands playing in the background experience. When I went there this weekend we were lucky enough to go there and just have dinner and not have to deal with loud annoying head banging metal bands playing.
Night Scene

I think that Casa provides a calm relaxed environment (depending on what time of day you go) for the most part. If you go there during the day its a nice place to go and relax and study and not have to be in the library. At night time it provides the atmosphere for friends to get together and have a good time. Aside from providing food and drinks it provides a safe environment. I know that I've been in bars/restaurants where I feel as though i'm being judged or looked at, but at Casa I never once get that feeling.

Workers
The main thing that Casa says about Athens and why it's good to the community is it buys all of its products locally (150 mile radius) and one of its main tasks is to give back to the community. I think that it is so great that they provide products that are not processed and are natural and healthy for you. It's hard to find good healthy food on a college campus and on top of that it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment