Friday, November 2, 2012

Pass it on down


It was an average day,  I was enjoying my life as a 5 year old. It was Wednesday and Wednesday meant that it was time for swimming lessons at the YMCA. Im the youngest in the family and the only boy. I have three older sisters and everyone Wednesday the four of us and my mother would go up to the YMCA for swimming lessons. However, this YMCA trip would be one like no other. Being only 5 years old I would get changed with my mother and sisters in the women's locker room for I was to young to be alone. After finishing up a great session of swimming we all returned to the locker room to get changed and gather are belongings. My sister Cheryl tapped me on the shoulder and said "hey steven can you grab my shoes out of my locker." Being the great brother that I am I got up and reached into her locker to grab her shoes. To my surprise when I tried to pull the shoes out I couldn't get out! My head was stuck! The screaming and yelling began and my whole family was tugging on me trying to get me out from the lockers tight hold. It wouldn't budge they couldn't get me out. Ladies roaming around the locker room came running to help this poor screaming boy who was stuck in the locker. I had all the ladies in the locker room trying to yank me out. Nothing was working. Eventually they had to call 911 and get a medical team there to help me get out. When they got there they too couldn't get me out, it seemed like I might be stuck in there forever. They finally resorted to ripping the lockers apart to help gain and opening so my head could slide out. I still have slight memories of that day I was stuck in that mean locker. To this day there is still a scar on the top of my head from that locker in the womens room. Now that is a story I can see myself passing down to my children!

4 comments:

  1. I loved the detail in this blog. I really got a sense of the situation and felt that I was almost witnessing this event with my own eyes. I never actually heard of someone getting their head stuck in an object so this story made me chuckle. Great job steven for brightening up my afternoon with this memomarable tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a funny story to pass down to your future family. Sounds like something I would have done as a kid. Aside from a couple spelling errors, this is a good entry and story. Nice detail and you made it personal. I felt like I was there while reading it. Nice job, Steven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! In the future I will try to do a better job with my spelling, sometimes I just get too excited!

      Delete